Instructor Profile - Susan Marriott, Ph.D.
Dr. Marriott is a Professor of Molecular Virology and Microbiology, and Molecular and Cellular Biology at Baylor College of Medicine. She has extensive experience developing courses and teaching at the graduate level. The interactive scientific writing and professional development workshops and courses taught by BioScience Writers were developed and designed by Dr. Marriott, to meet the needs of academic institutions and science professionals. She has taught these workshops 100+ times at over 50 institutions across the globe, receiving rave reviews. She leads a dynamic team of BioScience Writers' instructors who consistently deliver outstanding workshops.
- Managed a research lab for 25 years
- Leader of graduate education and curriculum development at Baylor College of Medicine for 20 years, including leading a large NIH-funded T32 grant and graduate program for 10 years
- Authored research proposals funded by the National Institutes of Health, National Science Foundation, and American Cancer Society
- Published over 60 research articles in journals including Nature, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Journal of Virology, Oncogene, AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses, Journal of Biological Chemistry, Environmental and Molecular Mutagenesis, Cancer Reviews, Journal of Biochemical and Biophysical Methods, Arthritis and Rheumatism, Virology, and Retrovirology
- Served on the editorial board of five Microbiology journals and reviewed for 28 journals
- Consulted as a grant reviewer for the National Institutes of Health, National Science Foundation, Veterans Administration, Israel Science Foundation, Association for International Cancer Research, US-Israel Binational Science Foundation, Health Research Board of Ireland, the German-Israeli Foundation for Scientific Research and Development Ohio Cancer Research Associates.